Monday, February 23, 2009

Tea Party Anyone?





Another week begins! I don't particularly enjoy Mondays, but at least I am comforted knowing I can't do anything to stop it from coming. I am so sad that Domino is closing its pages soon. -sniff- Plus, I just got news on Friday that Country Home is also shutting down. What is happening to the magazine world? My reading reading pleasure has taken a serious hit.
.
Anyways... does anyone else love tea parties like I do? A couple of years ago, Megan and I threw one for ourselves. We did it outside, and made paper flower lanterns that hung from the trees. I did all the baking, and we had the traditional summer food like a chicken salad sandwich, bite-sized treats, and lemonade. It was really lovely and relaxing.
.
I love this British-style tea party from Domino's Rita Konig. The recipes are seriously making me drool.
.
::The Tea::
..
::The Treats::
.
Read the full post here. Have a good Monday!
.
{Melissa}
.
(photos via Domino Nov. 2007)

1 comment:

Jamie Sampson Photography said...

tea parties invoke words like lovely. It was a lovely tea party. I have never been to a tea party although I do occasionally enjoy a mug of tea, I am also a huge fan of bite sized treats. I doon't think one can go wrog with a tea party. Sorry about your mag's... that stinks :(