Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All About Amy

.
So, Amy Butler's designs have always been an inspiration. Her fabric has such great colors and designs, and I have always wanted to use it somewhere in my room. Now I have an excuse. Her new fabric line, called Daisy Chain has some great colors in it. I am usually not drawn to blues and greens as much, but I closed in on these patterns fast. I love the pairing of the navy, greens, and grays. So chic. I have been searching for some fabric to decorate my new bed, and so now I am ready to whip up some pillows, and anything else that suits my fancy. Here are the color ways that I like the best (they are even better in person):

..

Also, if you want to read a great interview of Amy, check out this girl's blog. It gives you a peek into her creative space (see pics at the top) and she talks about some of her current favs.

For more interior inspiration, these pictures from Domino's The Book of Decorating reminded me of the feel I want in my room, and the color totally goes with the Daisy Chain line:




So, here are the looks of the day. I am itching to get my hands on anything fabric and get to work behind the sewing machine. At least I can watch someone else do it while I watch Project Runway tonight.

Enjoy Wednesday while it lasts!

{{xoxo melissa}}

(photos via sfgirlbybay, Amy Butler, and DesignSponge)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found out about Amy's fabrics about a year ago, and I have been IN LOVE ever since! I can't wait to learn how to sew, so I can actually use them. Ha!